* The origional Guniness Brewery in Dublin, Ireland, has a six thousand-year
* According to the Christian Science Moniter, the Secret Service estimates
that up to 43 percent of counterfeit money produced in the U.S. today is
made on ink-jet-type printers.
* In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere.
* Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.
* The airplane Buddy Holly died in was the "American Pie." (Thus
the name of the Don McLean song.)
* Clans of long ago that wanted to get rid of their unwanted people without
killing them used to burn their houses down - hence the expression "to
* Hershey's Kisses are called that because the machine that makes them looks
like it's kissing the conveyor belt.
* The name Jeep came from the abbreviation used in the army for the "General
Purpose" vehicle, G.P.
* The Pentagon, in Arlington, Virginia, has twice as many bathrooms as is
necessary. When it was built in the 1940's, the state of Virginia still
had segregation laws requiring separate toilet facilities for blacks and
* The only two days of the year in which there are no professional sports
games (MLB, NBA, NHL, or NFL) are the day before and after the Majjor League
* No NFL team which plays its home games in a domed stadium has ever won
* Thefirst toilet ever seen on television was on "Leave It To Beaver".
* Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are
* The 2 most valuable brand names on earth: Marlboro, Coca-Cola, and Budweiser,
in that order.
* Elephants can't jump/ Every other mammal can.
* The oldest Whiskey distellery in the world is in Ireland and started distilling
* Carnivorous animals will not eat another animal that has been hit by a
* St. Bernard is the patron saint of skiers.
* In a tradition dating to the beginning of the Westminster system of government,
the bench in the middle of a Westiminster parliment is 2-1/2 sword lengths
long. This was so the government and opposition couldn't have a go at each
other if it all got a bit heated!
* The real name of the Looney Tunes music is "The Merry-Go-Round Broken
* In 1848, Niagara Falls stopped flowing for 30 hours because of an ice
jam blocking the Niagara River.
* The smallest unit of time is the the yoctosecond.
* Abdul Kassem Ismael, Grand Vizier of Persia in the tenth century, carried
his library with him wherever he went. The 117,000 volumes wer carried by
400 camels which were trained to walk in alphabetical order.
* Pittsburgh is the only city where all major sports teams have the same
colors: Black and gold.